Bach Festival Orchestra
The Bach Festival Choir and Orchestra most often perform as a singular unit, but the professional instrumentalists that comprise the Bach Festival Orchestra are, indeed, extraordinary musicians in their own right.
- Bach Festival Orchestra members come from across Central Florida.
- Many orchestra members teach privately or at colleges and universities in addition to their professional engagements.
- The Orchestra’s high musicianship has been consistently recognized, and its playing has been described as “dexterous,” “gentle,” “vigorous,” and “nimble,” encompassing the wide and colorful range of its members’ talents.
- The Bach Festival Orchestra (or ensembles from it) travel both locally and abroad to provide accompaniment to the Bach Festival Choir.
- Throughout the concert season, programs feature the Orchestra alone where its extraordinary artistry is highlighted.
- Often, Orchestra members are featured soloists on Bach Festival Society programs. Of particular note is the Society’s “Concertos by Candlelight” concert each February, always featuring the Bach Festival Orchestra.
The Bach Festival Society celebrated its 75th Annual Festival in 2010. Download and view a PDF of the commemorative book celebrating this anniversary and the history of the organization here: Volume 1 | Volume 2.