Bach Festival Youth Choir
Directed by Devon Kincaid, the Bach Festival Society Youth Choir Program serves the Central Florida community by providing quality music education through preparation and performance of choral music. This fun, educational and enriching experience is for students ages 9-16.
The mission of the Youth Choir Program is to foster the personal, intellectual, and social growth of its members; promote their sense of self-esteem, accomplishment, and pride; and strengthen citizenship, while contributing lasting value to the community. Participants also have the unique opportunity of regularly performing with the Bach Festival Choir and Orchestra.
Rehearsals and Expenses
- Rehearsal days: Weekly on Mondays from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Rehearsal location: Lake Highland Preparatory School (Main Campus)
- Rehearsals begin on Monday, September 9, 2013
- Tuition: $330 for the year ($165/per semester). There is a $25 one-time audition fee. Rehearsals run from September through early May.
The Bach Festival Youth Choir holds auditions twice each year by appointment: May-September and December-January. Expand your musical horizons … learn truly beautiful music. The BFYC serves the Central Florida community by providing quality music education with the goal of developing the highest level of artistic excellence in choral music performance. The choir has opportunities to perform with full professional orchestra at Knowles Memorial Chapel, Rollins College in conjunction with the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
For more information, or to schedule a private audition, contact Devon Kincaid at youthchoir@BachFestivalFlorida.org.
or call 407-206-1900, ext. 3312, or 407-575-1201.
For each audition:
- Students will be expected to sing a song of their choice and/or “America (“My Country ‘Tis of Thee”). The song does not need to be memorized.
- Students will be vocalized to determine their vocal range and voice part.
Download the Youth Choir Brochure.
Download the Youth Choir Registration Form.